Pet & Animal Policies
A welcoming and safe environment is paramount to all of our residents. To help ensure ALL of our residents understand our pet and animal-related policies (No Pet and Animal Policy / Pet Policy / Animal Policy) we require EVERYONE to complete a third-party screening and review process. This process ensures we have formalized pet and animal-related policy acknowledgments and more accurate records to create greater mutual accountability. Please find the category below that best describes you to get started
No Pets or Animals
This is a required application process for anyone that does NOT own a pet or animal. There is no cost ($) to you for completing the application process
This is a required application process for anyone that owns a household pet. This includes dogs and cats and might include pets that live in cages such as birds, hamsters, rabbits, snakes or fish tanks (because of the contained water) so please ask your housing provider for clarification regarding these types of pets
This process provides a HIPAA compliant and secure way of submitting a reasonable accommodation request for an assistance animal (service animals, emotional support animals, companion animals, etc.) that will be reviewed by a third-party legal review team to ensure the accommodation request meets HUD’s Fair Housing Act guidelines. There is no cost ($0) to you to submit an accommodation request. Please make sure you are aware of your State’s laws, if any, for submitting a fraudulent accommodation request
* NOTICE TO ALL RESIDENTS & APPLICANTS: Everyone must complete the screening process. This is not only for pet and animal owners but also for residents and applicants that DO NOT own a pet or animal.
Pet & Animal Policy
No dog, cat, bird, other domestic animal of any kind may be kept on or about the Premises except for (insert breed of animal) without Landlord's written Agreement.
The following are to be understood and agree as follows:
- Tenant is not allowed to have any other animal on the Premises other than those designated above, including any animals that are “just visiting.”
- Tenant agrees that the animal(s) will be properly licensed and vaccinated; Tenant agrees to provide proof of the licensing and vaccination upon Landlord’s request.
- Tenant represents to Landlord that the animal(s) is housebroken, has no vicious tendencies or history of threatening or causing harm to persons by biting, scratching, chewing or otherwise.
- Tenant agrees to clean up after their animal(s) and properly dispose of all waste.
- Tenant agrees to keep Premises free from animal odor and stain.
- Tenant agrees to take action to avoid pest infestations (fleas, etc.) in the Premises.
- Tenant is responsible for and will be charged for any damage to the Premises caused by their animal(s), whether listed above, or “just visiting.”
- Tenant agrees to indemnify and hold Landlord and Landlord’s agent harmless from all liability, claims, demands, damages and costs for injuries to persons or property in connection with Tenant’s animal(s).
- Tenant agrees to carry renter’s insurance which includes coverage for animal ownership.
Powered by PetScreening